1. What is the historical context of modern reform movements? Discuss. (Answer)
Explain the Jaina epistemology with special reference to perception and inference.
2. Explain in detail the Vaiseshika metaphysics and the categories. (Answer)
Which are the major schools of vedantic thought? What are the general topics
discussed by those schools?
3. Answer any two of the following in about 200 words each.
a) Elaborate proofs for the existence of Prakrti as given by Samkhya. (Answer)
b) Describe the various steps included in the Ashtanga Yoga. (Answer)
c) Explain Ambedkar’s critique of religion and the caste system.
d) Explain Miamasa theory of error (khyativad)?
4. Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each.
a) Describe the concept of maya. (Answer)
b) Distinguish between Kevalapramana and Anupramana. (Answer)
c) Explain the call “back to the Vedas”? (Answer)
d) What do you understand the concept of sacchidananda in Aurobindo?
e) Describe Upamana according to Miamamsa. (Answer)
f) What do you mean by God is truth or truth is God?
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each.
a) Shaiva Siddhanta (Answer)
b) Samanya Lakshana (Answer)
c) Jivanmukti and Videhamukti (Answer)
d) Nityavibhuti (Answer)
e) Bhakti movement
f) Vaishnavism (Answer)
g) Chishtiya order of Sufism