1. Explain the views of sociologists Emile Durkheim and Auguste Comte on religion. (Answer)
Explain the personal and social ethics that one is expected to practice in hinduism?
2. Present a detailed note on the Foundations of religious belief.
Elaborately discuss the five pillars of Islam. (Answer)
3. Answer any two of the following in about 200 words each.
a) Is morality independent of religion? Explain the relationship between morality and religion.
b) Explain the external dimensions of religions. (Answer)
c) How do you understand the plurality of Religions? Explain the pluralistic approach to the issue.
d) Discuss various social and religious institutions in Sikhism. (Answer)
4. Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each.
a) What is the Zoroastrian notion of Man? (Answer)
b) What do you understand by religious experience?
c) Explain the truth of misery (Dukkha). (Answer)
d) Discuss the tribal belief in spirit possession. (Answer)
e) Briefly discuss Confucius’ views on education. (Answer)
f) Explain the doctrine of Anekanta Vada. (Answer)
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each.
a) Filial Piety (Answer)
b) Humanism (Answer)
c) Dharma (Answer)
d) Gospels (Answer)
e) Taoist belief in after life (Answer)
f) Kami (Answer)
h) Concept of salvation in Sikhism