1. Explain the meaning and philosophical implications of tajjalanjti. Discuss the nature of Brahma as discussed in the Chandogya Upanishad. (Answer)
Write a detailed essay on the Jaina epistemology. (Answer)
2. Discuss the notion of knowledge in Indian philosophy. (Answer)
How does unity become the central theme in upanishadic discussions? Discuss. (Answer)
3. Answer any two of the following in about 200 words each.
a) Discuss the political thoughts of Bheeshma as discussed in the Mahabharata. (Answer)
b) Explain the concept of self or soul in the Charvaka philosophy. (Answer)
c) Discuss the theory of dependent origination. (Answer)
d) Discuss in detail the general nature of the vedic gods. (Answer)
4. Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each.
a) What is avidya according to the Upanishads? (Answer)
b) What is the nature of self as expressed in the Katha Upanishad? (Answer)
c) Distinguish between videha-mukti and jivan-mukti. (Answer)
d) What is the subject matter of Yajurveda? (Answer)
e) How did upanishadic thinkers move away from the vedic line of thinking? (Answer)
f) What are the main themes of Isavasya Upanishad? (Answer)
5. Write short notes on any five of the following in about 100 words each.